Treasures of the UAE
The SMCCU would like to invite all budding young artists aged 7 to 18
to participate in our ‘Treasures of the UAE’ art competition and submit a piece of artwork that captures the essence of one of the UAE’s famous historical sites or landmarks*.
Entrants are invited to find their own favourite historical landmark or site and
let their creativity run wild!
24 winners will be selected by celebrated young Emirati artists.
Winners will have their artwork printed in a special edition ‘Treasures of the UAE Calendar’ and they will be invited to the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding for an honorary celebration on 2nd December 2012. All winners will have their artwork displayed in a ‘Treasures of the UAE exhibition’ at our traditional heritage house in the historic Bastakiya area of Dubai from 2nd December 2012 to 2nd January 2013.
Entry into the competition must be arranged through your School or College.
The 24 winners will take home the fantastic prize of AED 1,000.
In addition to this, all winners will receive a voucher from the SMCCU for a complimentary Cultural Lunch for a family of 5.
• The School or College must have completed the accompanying Registration Form to confirm their participation in the event and have submitted this online by 5th November. Only one Registration Form per School or College is required regardless of the number of students entering the competition. If the entry is received after this date it will not be submitted to the judges.
• All pieces of work are to be submitted and delivered to the SMCCU office by the school by 15th November and must be clearly labelled with artists name, school and age including school contact name and mobile on the reverse.
• Winners will be notified by email at the email address provided by the school on the registration form by
• Artwork may be any size in 2D format such as paper or canvas using any paint, charcoal, pencil or similar medium.
• The Exhibition will run from 2nd December 2012 to 2nd January 2013 and the winning artwork will be displayed on public view during this time.
• All artwork submitted may be collected from the SMCCU after the Exhibition from 3rd January 2013. The SMCCU will not accept liability for loss or damage to any work submitted.
• The SMCCU reserves the right to use images of the winning artwork for their own purposes including but not limited to publication in their marketing materials, presentations, website and other social media sites.
*Heritage Sites and Landmarks; Examples include: Jumeirah Mosque, Bastakiya, … no new landmarks. Please visit our website for all the details and registration form at www.cultures.ae/artcompetition.php